DiverseCity welcomes individuals, businesses, non-profits and public sector organizations to join us in transforming the leadership landscape in the Greater Toronto Area. Since the project launched in 2008, more than 130 institutional supporters have signed on as DiverseCity Champions. With their commitment, we are building a movement that recognizes that our social and economic prosperity rests on creating new leadership – a leadership that draws on all of our assets and that is innovative, flexible and visionary.
How champions contribute:
- Be an ambassador of DiverseCity and champion the value of diversity in leadership. Promote DiverseCity’s objectives and opportunities to participate within your organization and your external networks. Encourage your senior leaders and staff to engage in DiverseCity programs.
- Track your efforts. Share your promising practices, policies, research, and reports with DiverseCity and its partners. Share publicly what specific, measurable steps you have taken (or will take) to diversify your leadership.
- Be a supporter. Stay informed of DiverseCity’s progress and attend public DiverseCity events. Provide sponsorship, hosting, and advice to DiverseCity programs, where appropriate.
How champions benefit:
- Raised profile of your organization and its diverse rising talent. Your organization will be recognized and highlighted as an industry leader in diversity by being featured on-line, in publications, at events, and in media.
- Increased public awareness of your organization’s contribution to promoting diversity in leadership. We invite you to share your promising practices, experience, and expertise with the DiverseCity community and the public. We can help share your successes and milestones with our extensive networks and media contacts.
- Access to promising practices and opportunities for management and staff to build skills. Partners have access to shared reports, ideas, promising practices, etc. on diversifying leadership. Your leaders and staff will find opportunities to participate in DiverseCity programming (e.g., onBoard, Voices) and events.
- Expanded networks and exposure to diverse emerging talent. Through participation in special DiverseCity events, you will extend your networks beyond your own communities, organizations, and business sectors.
- Regular updates and information from DiverseCity. DiverseCity offers regular e-communications with updates on our project, practical tips on diversity in leadership and notices of upcoming opportunities and events.
Become a DiverseCity Champion today!
See who has signed up already.