If you are a subject-matter expert from an under-represented racial or ethnic community, you can sign up with DiverseCity Voices so that journalists from a broad range of media can connect with you.
DiverseCity Voices will help you:
- Get your message out
- Build your profile & credibility
- Connect with new audiences
Signing up for DiverseCity Voices
- We recommend that you have an up-to-date CV on hand to complete the sections relating to credentials, work experience and publications.
- Please fill in as much information as possible, keeping in mind that details about your ethnicity are for internal purposes only and will not be published online.
- Be sure to complete the form as you would like the information to appear in your online profile.
- Log in frequently to update your information.
- The more media citations and publications that appear on your profile, the higher it will appear on the list.
The DiverseCity Voices application has three easy steps:
- Log in with a valid email address and create a password.
- Personal Information
- Professional Credentials (BA, MA, PhD, etc.)
- Brief bio written in third person (maximum 200 characters)
- Photo (optional)
- More Information about you
Identify the Areas of Experienceyou are able to discuss with the media (please consider which terms journalists may search and add an area if it does not appear on the current list).Complete the following subsections, adding each experience and citation as a separate entry:
- Training and Education
Type, School/Location, Course/Area of Discipline
- Organizational Affiliation/Work Experience
Org Type, Org Name, Type of Relationship, When did this relationship begin? End?, Web link
- Media Citations
Type, Title, Data, Media Outlet, Link
Type, Title, Date, Publisher, Link
Please be sure to tick the disclosure box.
When you’re done, click on submit. Once you’ve been approved, journalists will have access to your online profile. You will receive an email confirmation from a DiverseCity Voices staff.
To apply now, go to the voices database.
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.