- Get Involved
- Connect with Leaders
- Leadership Stories
- Research and Tools
1. What is the purpose of the DiverseCity onBoard program?
The program works to ensure that the governance bodies of public agencies, boards and commissions as well as voluntary organizations reflect the diversity of people who live and work in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
2. What is the make-up of individuals who are on the DiverseCity onBoard roster who are looking for board opportunities?
3. What are some of the boards to which DiverseCity onBoard roster members have been placed?
4. What is the fee for using DiverseCity onBoard?
This is a free service. We ask only that you spread the word about the program.
5. How does the matching process work?
6. Once I have selected individuals that match the requirements I am looking for, what are the next steps?
You then follow your own selection process for board recruitment. Please let us know if you have selected a DiverseCity onBoard roster member for your board.
7. Can roster members apply to the board opportunity directly?
Yes, candidates are able to view vacancies the day after they are posted, and can apply to you directly per the application process and instructions noted on your posting.
8. Do I have to register my organization every time I wish to post a board vacancy?
You only need to register your organization once. After you have registered, you may post as many board vacancies as you need, specifying the areas of expertise you require for each vacancy. For example, you may require financial skills for one vacancy, and marketing and public speaking competencies for another.
9. Does DiverseCity onBoard provide any training to organizations seeking to diversify their boards?
For organizations registered on its roster, DiverseCity onBoard provides: