- DiverseCity Initiatives
- Leadership Stories
- Research and Tools
1. What is the purpose of the DiverseCity onBoard program?
The initiative works to ensure that the governance bodies of public agencies, boards and commissions as well as voluntary organizations reflect the diversity of people who live and work in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
2. Am I eligible to apply to the program?
You are eligible to apply to DiverseCity onBoard if you are one of the following:
3. What is the application process?
It’s easy. Just complete our on-line form, upload your resumé and wait for our staff to contact you to arrange a personal interview. After the interview you may be asked to complete an online governance training program. If approved, you will then become a member of our roster and your profile will become part of our searchable database.
4. What services can I expect from DiverseCity onBoard?
Joining our roster will:
This program does not:
5. Can you guarantee me an appointment?
Ultimately boards will select candidates according to their needs. The program cannot guarantee that you will be offered an appointment.
6. What’s the advantage to applying as a member of the DiverseCity onBoard roster?
The DiverseCity onBoard program develops relationships with many agencies, boards, commissions, and non-profit organizations.
We also know that many organizations across the GTA are looking to bring greater diversity to their boards – for them, this program is an excellent place to start looking. Joining DiverseCity onBoard helps you stand out from the crowd.
7. Will you be recommending me personally to the boards I want to serve on?
Occasionally we do, but only if a board is looking for a particular set of skills or experience. For the most part, our website should provide boards and candidates the information they need to get in touch.
8. I am a member of the roster and have found a board position I am interested in. What are the next steps?
It is your responsibility to enquire with the board about the application process and to submit your application to the board – you should be able to find all information you need from our website.
Please forward a copy of your application to the DiverseCity onBoard staff at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can keep track of it and follow up.
9. Will you provide me with a reference?
No. It is your responsibility to supply appropriate references in support of your applications. It is important that these references can speak to the strengths and expertise that you will bring to a board.
10. I’m interested in serving on a board – what do I need to know about the board and the organization it governs?
Before pursuing a board position, please consider the following:
For more information, contact email@example.com.